Ever heard or read Denzel Washington quotes? Well, before we get to the quotes, you must have come across the name. Denzel is a popular American actor, producer and director.
Denzel Washington is 65 years of age, having been born as Denzel Hayes Washington Junior on December 28th, 1954 in Mount Vernon, New York. Despite a humble beginning, the son of a Pentecostal preacher has won two golden global awards.
Also, Denzel is well-known for acting real-life historical figures. Some movies he has featured in include Cry Freedom in 1987, featuring as Steve Biko. Besides, he has featured as Malcolm X in the movie Malcolm X in 1992.
If you enjoy watching his movies, you may have watched the Equalizer 1 and 2.
Watching The Equalizer 2 the other day by Denzel Washington, I couldn’t help but marvel at the entertaining nature of Denzel. He is good at shifting between tense and calm situations with ease.
In this thriller, Denzel played his role pretty well. While the director may have tried to capture the spirit of the first Equalizer, it turned out slow and predictable.
That being said, Denzel has never disappointed in his films. He is a comedian, fighter, orator, mentor and a talented storyteller all rolled into one. This, he captures in his movies perfectly fine.
Moreso, Denzel is a motivational speaker. He inspires many, including both friends and foe. Here are some of his quotes, you want to know about.
- “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.”
- “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.”
- I think a role model is a mentor–someone you see on a daily basis, and you learn from them.
- “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to WORK. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.”
- “If I am a cup maker, I’m interested in making the best cup I possibly can. My effort goes into that cup, not what people think about it.”
- “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.”
- “If you have an enemy, then learn and know your enemy, don’t just be mad at him or her.”
- “At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.”
- “Success? I don’t know what that word means. I’m happy. But success, that goes back to what in somebody’s eyes success means. For me, success is inner peace. That’s a good day for me.”
- “Dreams without goals remain dreams.”
- “Never help an ungrateful person get on their feet.”
- “My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back.”
- “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do”
- “I’d be more frightened by not using whatever abilities I’d been given. I’d be more frightened by procrastination and laziness.”
- “Put God first in everything you do. Everything that I have is by the grace of God, I understand that. It’s a gift. I didn’t always stick with Him, but He stuck with me.”