In his international bestseller, The POWER of POSITIVE THINKING, Norman Vincent Peale has touched many lives through his unique formula for overcoming a spirit of defeat and inadequacy. Today, we shall look at one of his topics: Effective prayers for extraordinary results. His book radiates a rare sense of optimism and faith that knows no bounds. Many have described him as the father of positive thinking.
Prominent business leaders have attested their success in business to the positivity principles Norman mentions in his bestseller. Actually, Donald Trump acknowledges the teachings of Norman Vincent Peale to his success in entrepreneurship. Back in the 1990s, the media described Trump as a flamboyant entrepreneur.
Trump does not fail to recognize the fact that the teachings of Norman Vincent Peale instilled a sense of positivity in him and made him the person he is today.
10 Rules for Effective Prayers for Extraordinary Results
Reading through Norman’s book, he outlines 10 rules for effective prayers for extraordinary results and you better know them for a success story in your life.
- Set aside a few minutes every day. Do not say anything. Simply practice thinking about God. This will make your mind spiritually receptive.
- Then pray orally, using simple, natural words. Tell God anything that is on your mind. Do not think you must use stereotyped pious phrases. Talk to God in your own language. He understands it.
- Pray as you go about the business of the day, on the subway or bus, or at your desk. Use minute prayers by closing your eyes to shut out the world and concentrating briefly on God’s presence. The more you do this every day, the nearer you will feel God’s presence.
- Do not always ask when you pray, but affirm that God’s blessings are being given, and spend most of your prayers giving thanks.
- Pray with the belief that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God’s love and protection.
- Never use a negative thought in prayer. Only positive thoughts get results.
- Always express willingness to accept God’s will. Ask for what you want but be willing to take what God gives you. It may be better than what you ask for.
- Practice the attitude of putting everything in God’s hands. Ask for the ability to go your best and leave the results confidently to God.
- Pray for people you do not like or who have mistreated you. Resentment is blockade number one of spiritual power.
- Make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for other people, especially not connected with you, the more prayer results will come back to you.
If you really want to have a productive prayer life, I would suggest you read Norman Vincent Peale’s rules on useful results from prayer over and over. Ensure you also get yourself a copy of his international bestseller, The POWER of POSITIVE THINKING, and your life story will be pleasant news to many. How is your prayer life? If you want to attain effective prayers for extraordinary results, study more on Norman Vincent Peale teachings.
Share to bless a friend.